Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Never Too Old for the Pox


A few weeks ago I broke out into a rash. I thought it was due to the unsanitary living conditions of college and having 7 housemates. Little did I know....I had the chicken pox. It came as a surprise to me and pretty much everyone else. Although you think you will never need this, I am going to give you a few tips on how I survived:
1. DON'T scratch! As much as you want to scratching just leads to pain and scars.
2. Go to a dermatologist instead of a regular doctor because they make sure to give you creams that prevent scarring.
3. Oatmeal baths. Helps to relax and relieve itching.
4. Ask the doc for something to help you sleep, otherwise it is impossible.
5. Find a puppy. I thankfully got to go home during this and my parents had just gotten a puppy and he made everything better.



Alex Z.

No comments: