Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
We used to depend only on water, but as times have changed we have been given more options. Now we can choose from a can of soda or a glass of juice, a smoothie or a cup of coffee. Rarely do we read the labels on that can of soda or realize how much sugar is in that juice glass we get from Benson. Well, here is something that will have you thinking twice about what drink you order next.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Even on our worst days we can always count on our animal friends to be there for us. I was on twitter this morning when I came across this inspriring story of a woman and her dog. It made me question how much people would do for their pets. I can say, along with many other animal lovers, that I would anything for my dog.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
A few weeks ago I broke out into a rash. I thought it was due to the unsanitary living conditions of college and having 7 housemates. Little did I know....I had the chicken pox. It came as a surprise to me and pretty much everyone else. Although you think you will never need this, I am going to give you a few tips on how I survived:
1. DON'T scratch! As much as you want to scratching just leads to pain and scars.
2. Go to a dermatologist instead of a regular doctor because they make sure to give you creams that prevent scarring.
3. Oatmeal baths. Helps to relax and relieve itching.
4. Ask the doc for something to help you sleep, otherwise it is impossible.
5. Find a puppy. I thankfully got to go home during this and my parents had just gotten a puppy and he made everything better.