Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Profile not in debt


Janna Goebel will cross the stage, shake President Engh's hand and receive her diploma June 13 without a financial debt to repay. "I was fortunate enough to be fully financially supported," Goebel said.

Though she may not have had the burden of student loans, Goebel applauds those who take on the responsibility. "I think it's admirable that people come to Santa Clara knowing that they will leave with large amounts of debt because they value their education so much. I'm not sure I would have had the courage to do that," she admitted.

The Spanish major may not escape financial ties for long, however. "I've gained an appreciation for education and I plan to continue on to grad school," Goebel said, "though I will most likely end up in debt as a result."

No comments: