Wednesday, January 21, 2009

OBABY!


Inauguration news was inescapable yesterday, and rightly so. I watched the event with my 8 o'clock class. After that, I went online to check my email and was bombarded with headlines on Yahoo about the momentous occasion. It was almost too much of a good thing.

I thought the one place that wouldn't have news about the event was my work; I was surprised to discover that my prediction was completely wrong. A baby wore a tiny, pink t-shirt that read "OBABY," with Obama's campaign symbol placed right above it, and another toddler sported a brown t-shirt that read "First Family" above a picture of the Obama family.

During lunchtime, one girl even told me about the "election party" she would be having with her mom, dad, and baby brother after school. The best part of the celebration, in her opinion, was that she got to wear her red, white and blue party dress. I guess it says something if even babies and toddlers are excited about the event.

No comments: