Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Life as CriagsList Jobs' Biggest Fan

Well, I know the excitement of a new quarter has been squandered when I resign from taking detailed notes to blogging in class on my laptop. Oh well... last quarter.

So, instead of focusing on the professor's lecture on DNA, RNA and other scientific letter things, I'm surfing Craigslist looking for jobs.

Now, I've designed a very thorough method for CL job searching.

Step 1: Select city.
Step 2: Select job category.
Step 3: Peruse jobs.

My relationship with CL has developed overtime. It began 6 months ago when I was excited and confident about the prospect of finding a job.

July 2008 CL Search

Step 1: Cities
SF Bay Area
New York City

Step 2: Select categories
Marketing/PR
Writing

Step 3: Peruse jobs
Only cool ones
-

Now, my job search as of today's Biology class:

Step 1: Select cities
Boston
Chicago
Denver
Houston
Los Angeles
New York
Orange County
Sacramento
San Diego
Seattle
SF Bay Area
Washington D.C

Step 2: Job categories
Admin/Office
Human Resources
Legal/Paralegal
Marketing/PR

Step 3: Peruse job
Look at all that I could minimally qualify for.

No comments: