Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mixed Emotions

Over the last week I have been thinking a lot about the end of my Freshmen year here at Santa Clara University and to be perfectly honest I have mixed feelings about leaving for Summer vacation. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely excited to head back to my hometown of Albany, NY in another week and a half. I look forward to seeing my family and my old friends. I also am excited about my two Summer jobs; as I will be working for the the Ayco Company, one of the nation's leading providers of comprehensive financial counseling and education services, and for the New York Giants as well. However, I can't help but feel saddened and dismayed about not seeing my new friends for about three months. Over the course of the school year I definitely feel like I made some real lifelong friends this past year and it will be hard not to see them for such a long period of time. To help solve this problem I will hopefully be going to visit my friend Alexa, who is coming to New York City twice this Summer. Also, my friend Pat will hopefully be coming up for two Dave Matthews Band Concerts as well. I wish I could visit all of my friends at least once this Summer, but it is unlikely because of everyone's busy schedules and the lack of flexibility I will have from the Giants when they arrive in the middle of July. I wish everyone a wonderful Summer vacation, and I cannot wait to see everyone again in the Fall.
-Ryan Kutey

No comments: