For a day trip, hit up the Monterey Bay Aquarium a few hours south.
The Bay Area's possibilities are endless. For more suggestions, check out these Bay Area Attractions:
Eckert’s piece combines the sophistication of engineering and the art of Japanese poetry. A computer-controlled spotlight projects haiku, written in light, on a parking lot wall across the street from Gordon Biersch restaurant, at San Fernando and Second streets.
Eckert, of the under- graduate class of 1991, got his masters in mechanical engineering from Santa Clara in 1993 and worked as a design engineer in the Valley for nearly a decade before putting his skills to a different use and beginning to design automated sculpture.
The entire exhibition features eight different multimedia art projects—including mechanical and sound sculpture—on temporary outdoor display between downtown’s First and Second Streets and between St. James’s Park and San Carlos Street. The aim of the public project is to liven up the downtown area and introduce residents to its unique sounds and art.
Have you been wondering what the great minds of college students think about the upcoming elections? Well, on one particular campus, students expressed their very different and interesting perspectives.
2. Hillary Clinton- Beacause she is a WOMAN! ~ By Jessica Williams, Sophomore, Sociology Major
3. Barak Obama- I think he will be like the new Kennedy. He stands for what i do on a lot of issues. And because i don’t like Hillary cause she is wishy washy with her stance on issues. She needs to also grow a set, and divorce Bill . ~ By Christine Andry, Senior, Communication Major
4. Ron Paul- I support a lot of his goals and desires. For example his goals to reduce big government spending, Slow withdraw of troops in
5. Hillary Clinton- Because she has diplomatic experience and has the ability to actually make change happen. I think she will work well with foreign leaders and bring change in a real way. Also she is probably the most likely to beat a republican. ~By Briana Daley, Senior, Political Science Major.
6. John McCain- Because I don't like Obama or Clinton, and because he has a solid Military record and agree with what he says about foreign policy. ~By Ryan Wood, Sophomore, Business Major
"I'm a freshman at a small private school in Chicago. It was my last choice, but I tried very hard to approach it with enthusiasm. However, I have no friends here. At all. I don't even eat dinner because I don't want to eat alone. I hate my classes. None of my professors even know my name, and they don't explain anything and the tests are insanely difficult. I can't motivate myself to study because I hate this place soooooooooo much. I cry all the time. I go home every weekend and work, under the guise of needing money, but really, I just can't stay here and sit in my dorm room all weekend alone."